Instagram Fonts: Express Yourself in Style in More Ways
We’re all familiar with the adage, “It’s not what you say but how you say it.” When you’re posting on Instagram, you have many options to get creative when it comes to expressing yourself. You already have a great photo? Awesome! You’ve come up with a witty caption? Fantastic! But did you know that you can make your posts even more appealing by customizing your Instagram fonts? We’re not just talking about the built-in Instagram font styles for Stories and Reels. You can enhance Instagram fonts for regular post captions, too!
Where Can You Apply Different Instagram Font Styles?
Currently, Instagram only offers different Instagram font style options for Stories and Reels. You can choose from nine different typefaces when adding text to a Story or Reel. The text style options can also be applied to hashtags and @mentions. Other font style customizations you can make include text size, alignment, color, highlight effects, and spacing.
If you want to customize the Instagram fonts for the captions in your regular posts or the text in your bio, you’ll have to use a third-party app. If you’re feeling extra playful, you can also customize your text styles when you comment on a post.
How to Edit Text for a Story or Reel:
Follow these steps to edit your Instagram fonts for a Story or Reel:
- Tap “Aa” to add text to a photo/video Story or Reel.
- Select the text style you like from the Instagram fonts at the bottom.
- You can adjust the text size by dragging the slider on the left side of the screen up or down. You can also rotate and resize the text by pinching and zooming it with two fingers.
- Center the text or align it left or right by tapping the alignment symbol. Take note that you can only adjust the alignment for certain text styles.
- Choose a text color by tapping the color wheel and selecting your preferred color from the options at the bottom of the screen. You can tap and hold any color circle to choose a custom color.
- Tap the “A” with small stars at the top of the screen to change the highlight effect. You can change the color of the highlight by tapping the color wheel again.
- Tap the “A” with two horizontal lines to adjust the letter spacing.
- Type @ then enter someone’s username to mention them. Edit the font style as you wish.
- Enter a hashtag and follow the same steps to edit the text style.
- Pin the text, @mention/s, and hashtags to fixed spots in your photo/video. Tap Done.
The Latest Instagram Font Update
Instagram Sans is the latest global Instagram font update rolled out in May 2022. According to Meta’s official announcement:
Instagram Sans reflects the shape of the glyph and our commitment to simplicity and craft. The in-between moments of a perfect circle and a square, which we lovingly call the “squircle,” show up throughout the typeface.
Instagram Sans is a contemporary remix of grotesque and geometric styles. The type is designed with accessibility and global scripts at the core, able to express a range of styles in any language.
Instagram Sans has also been applied as the new font for Story/Reel stickers.
Use an Instagram Fonts Generator to Unlock Style Options for Regular Posts
You’ll have to explore outside Instagram if you want to use different Instagram fonts for regular posts. Why should you bother? We all know that visual content reigns supreme on the platform.
Users rarely read the captions, unless a photo or video is eye-catching and scroll-stopping. Captions on Instagram are like the proverbial fine print; they may be a crucial piece of content but nobody pays them any mind. They’re just a blur of letters and words separating one image from the next.
With a striking and hard-to-miss Instagram font, you can draw more attention to a regular post, and make people actually read your caption. This is especially advantageous if you’re trying to get more likes or spread important information. If you’re running a contest, for example, or making an announcement about your next live stream or an upcoming promo, you’d want to get your followers’ attention.
Using an Instagram fonts generator will elevate your Instagram page’s aesthetics in a lot of ways:
- Use arresting Instagram fonts in your captions and even your comments to make people stop and read.
- Enhance your profile page’s visual appeal with a unique font style for your bio.
- Explore more options to express your style and creativity not just by crafting engaging captions, but by turning the text itself into a piece of art.
- Increase engagement for your posts by making them stand out from the usual and predictable pieces of content that flood people’s feeds.
Instagram Fonts Copy and Paste: How to Use the Instagram Fonts Generator
If you’re not interested in downloading an app or signing up for an account to give your Instagram fonts a makeover, Path Social’s Instagram free fonts generator tool is your best option. The process is a simple Instagram font copy-and-paste.
- Go to Path Social’s free Instagram tools page and find the Instagram fonts generator.
- Type or copy and paste your text into the fonts generator tool.
- Select a custom font from Path Social’s 100+ font styles available for free.
- Your customized text will instantly appear in different font styles below. Select the style you like and tap “Copy Text.”
- Paste the text into your caption.
How to Customize Instagram Fonts for Your Bio
You can also use an Instagram fonts generator or changer to give your bio an aesthetic makeover. Here’s how:
- Type your bio copy into the Instagram fonts generator tool.
- Choose the style you like and tap “Copy Text.”
- Go to your Instagram profile and click “Edit profile.”
- Paste the customized text into the Bio section.
- Tap “Submit.”
Tips When Using an Instagram Fonts Changer
If you’re after higher engagement, remember to make sensible choices when using an Instagram fonts changer for your captions. Keep the following tips in mind.
- Be consistent with your style and brand image. Select a font style that fits your brand and the specific content you’re sharing. As with everything else you do on Instagram, you want your font style to represent who you are. When people see the style of typography you choose for your captions, they’ll say, “That’s so you!”
You don’t have to limit yourself to just one, customized font style. You can keep things fresh by rotating two or three different Instagram fonts. Just make sure that the fonts you use complement each other and are stylistically aligned with your image.
- Prioritize easy readability. Select a font style that’s striking and easy to read. Make sure the customized caption is still optimized for phone screens. You don’t want to give your followers a hard time reading the text or you’ll defeat the purpose of catching their attention in the first place! Find the right balance between uniqueness and practicality when deciding on a font style.
- Don’t go overboard. Don’t use the customized Instagram font for the entire caption. Create a nice visual contrast by customizing the first line only. You can stick to Instagram’s regular font for the rest of the caption.
If you have a long caption, you can break the monotony by using a customized Instagram font in the first line of every paragraph/text block. This will make your lengthy text easier on the eyes. Avoid using more than one font style per caption/post.
- Customize text to emphasize certain words or phrases. This is a good strategy if you want to highlight an important section in your caption, such as a promo code or an event name. Bolded font styles are a great choice for this purpose.
Say It With Style to Become an Instagram Standout
Anybody can have their five minutes of fame on Instagram. But if you’re serious about building a lasting career as an influencer or creator, you need to take advantage of every opportunity to stand out from the countless others who have the same aspiration.
Using customized Instagram fonts may seem trivial or too artsy-craftsy. But if you’re a struggling Instagram influencer or creator, you need all the help you can get.
Something as simple as customizing the text style in your caption, Stories, or Reels may be all you need to get that elusive bump in audience engagement. Remember to take some time going through different font styles that appeal to you. Narrow down your choices to ones that best fit your image and then test them out! Over time and with proper data analysis, you’ll figure out what works and what doesn’t.
Path Social’s Instagram fonts generator is a great place to start! The tool is free to use as many times as you want. You don’t need to download a third-party app or a fonts bundle. You don’t need to sign up for an account. Customizing your Instagram fonts is as simple as copying and pasting your text.
While you’re on Path Social, check out the other free Instagram tools we offer. Use the “Check My Growth” feature to find out how Path Social can help you grow on Instagram. Simply type in your Instagram username to view your normal Instagram growth trajectory versus your projected growth with the help of Path Social.
Take advantage of Path Social’s advanced AI targeting capability to find real and genuinely interested followers, and let their in-house team of social media specialists put your content in front of the right audience to generate quality engagement. Start growing and gaining Instagram followers today!
Want Free Instagram
Let our AI targeted organic growth work for you for freeGet Free Instagram Followers