How to Ask a Question on Instagram to Encourage Engagement
Do you want to get more comments on your posts and more likes on Instagram? Ask questions! Here’s your guide on how to ask a question on Instagram to attract the interest of your followers, foster fascinating discussions, and encourage enthusiastic audience engagement.
How To Ask Questions On Instagram Story
Knowing how to ask questions on your Instagram Story is a must for any brand and involves being familiar with all the interactive features available when creating Story posts. You can have funny questions to ask on your Instagram Story and turn these into guessing games, thought-provoking opinion questions, get-to-know-your audience queries, and more. To post a question on your Instagram Story, you’ll need to use the question sticker or the poll sticker.
The “Ask me a question” sticker is hugely popular among brands as it’s practically a no-holds-barred invitation to ask anything — except, of course, if you want to set limits or a theme that your audiences have to follow. The sticker can be modified so that you can also post any question for your followers to answer.
How To Do “Ask Me A Question” On Instagram
Here’s how to do “Ask Me a Question” on Instagram Story:
- Upload a photo or video to your Story.
- Tap the Sticker button and select the question sticker from the sticker tray.
- Use “Ask me a question” or “Ask me anything” as a prompt. Or type any question you want that’s relevant to your photo/video and customize the type of answers.
- Place the sticker wherever you’d like and then share your Story.
Your viewers simply have to tap on the sticker to type their question or response. You can see the responses on your Story viewers’ list; open your Story and swipe up. To answer a question, just tap it and type your response. This will create a new Story, but the person who posted the question (or response) will remain anonymous to your other viewers, i.e., their username and photo will not be shown. All questions/responses to your Story will remain private and can only be viewed by you. Knowing how to as a question on Instagram Story will help draw more viewers to your Stories!
How To Ask Questions On Instagram Live
The Instagram Story question sticker also comes in handy whenever you do an Instagram Live stream. You no longer have to scroll through your audiences’ comments in order to read and answer their questions while doing your Live. Conversely, if you want to know how to ask questions on Instagram Live, here’s the Live Q&A lowdown:
- If you’re a Live viewer, simply tap on the question mark icon next to the comment bar and type your question.
- If you’ll be doing a Live stream, create a Story for your upcoming Live (your Live stream should still fall within the 24 hours that this particular Story is up) and use the question sticker. You can specify the kinds of questions you’ll entertain, i.e., inform your followers what your Live stream is about and that you’ll do a Q&A about makeup tips, fitness, cooking, etc.
- During your Instagram Live, you can start answering the questions by tapping the question mark icon at the bottom of your screen. All the questions sent as a response to your Story and the questions posted directly during your Live stream will appear.
- Tap a question you want to answer and it will appear on your Live so all your viewers can also see it, and then answer the question.
Instagram’s question sticker in Stories and question button in Live streams make it easier for brands to interact with their followers and, on the flip side, enhance the interactive experience for followers. Make sure to fully explore all your options for how to ask a question on Instagram to foster active engagement within your community and strengthen your connection with your followers.
Final Thoughts: Ask and You Shall Find More Followers and Engagement
When you know how to ask a question on Instagram and how to get creative with the platform’s interactive features, you can attract more followers and greater engagement. Inviting questions from your audience is one of the most effective ways to encourage communication. Asking and answering questions let your followers know that you’re accessible and that you appreciate their interest and input.
Hosting regular Q&A sessions in your Stories or Live streams can help you expand your audience reach and help make your posts more relevant to your existing followers. You should also consider getting help from an Instagram growth strategy expert, a company like Path Social. Take advantage of Path Social’s advanced audience targeting capability to target the right people for your brand and content. Make use of their in-house team of social media specialists’ skills to get your content in front of the right audience through organic promotion. Start growing and gaining Instagram followers today!