How to Add Music to an Instagram Story: Create the Right Mood for Your Story
When you know how to add music to your Instagram story, you’ll open the door to more opportunities to get creative! This IG story feature will also create a more immersive and enjoyable experience for your viewers.
Have you tried out this feature yet? It’s a simple way to create more appealing and engaging content, which can help you earn more followers. IG Stories are among the best features on the platform that blend well with a great organic growth strategy. Keep reading to find out how you can start creating Instagram stories that are aesthetically pleasing to both the eyes and ears!
Table of Contents
Make Your Story More Engaging with the Right Music
Nothing evokes stronger emotions and sentiments than striking sights and sounds. When you already have a great visual for your story, adding the right music can help create the perfect mood. Let’s explore the different ways that you can add music to your Instagram stories.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story Without Sticker and With Sticker
Adding music to your Instagram story is easy peasy! Instagram gives you access to a music library with thousands of songs for free. You’ll be able to find the right tune for whatever type of content you create for your stories. The regular way to make use of IG Stories’ music feature is by using the Music Sticker. Here’s how.
- Start creating a story. Capture a new photo or video to feature in your Stories, or select one from your camera roll.
- Edit your image/video to your liking with filters, stickers, GIFs, and other elements.
- To add music to your Instagram story, tap the sticker icon on the top of the screen and then select the music sticker.
- You’ll be taken to the music screen where you can search for a song by title, artist, or album. Alternatively, you can choose a song from various categories or genres, such as Popular, Jazz, Rock, etc. You’ll be able to hear a short clip of the song before adding to your story.
- When you’ve decided on a tune, tap the add option. If you’re adding music to a picture story, you can choose to play it anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds.
- You can select which portion of the song you want to play in your story by using the slider bar, which will appear after you’ve selected the tune.
- With some songs, you can also change the album image or replace the thumbnail with lyrics.
- The tune you’ve selected will appear as a sticker on your picture story; you can move it around to position it where it will best fit into your content. You can also resize the music sticker to make it more or less prominent.
- When you’re satisfied with your story’s visuals and audio, press “Done” and publish your story for everyone’s enjoyment.
If you want to add music to an Instagram story without a Music Sticker, just drag the sticker outside the story frame. The sticker won’t be displayed in the story preview, but it will still play after you publish the story. However, the song title and artist will still be shown on the top of the screen.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story on an Android
The steps for adding music to an Instagram story on an Android device are the same as described above. You can also share music to your Stories from another platform, such as Apple Music, Spotify, or SoundCloud! Here’s how.
- Open your music source of choice and find the song you want to use.
- Tap on the “Play” button and then go to the Options button. Select the “Share” option.
- Choose “Instagram Story” to upload the song to your story. From there, get creative with your music story by adding the elements you like.
- Tap on “Done” when you’re satisfied and ready to publish it to your Instagram Stories.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story on an iPhone
Adding music to an Instagram story on an iPhone device differs slightly as you can use your Apple Music library. The process involves recording audio, so it’s a bit tricky. Here’s how.
- Open your music library, select and play the song you want, and select the section you want to use in your story. Press pause where you want the music to begin.
- Launch Instagram and tap the camera icon on the top left corner.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access your phone’s Control Center.
- Swipe left to open music preferences and press play on the song.
- Close the Control Center and hold the shutter button to record the song.
- Go to story creation mode and upload your recorded music. Edit your story however you like and then publish it.
Alternatively, you can add music to a story by using the Music Sticker feature.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story Video
Adding music to an Instagram story video involves the same steps as for a story photo, but with a couple of differences.
- With a story video, the music will play for the entire length of the video.
- you can pin the music sticker to an object or person in the video so that the sticker will move as the object/person also moves.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story for a Business Account: Licensing Restrictions
There may be some restrictions when adding music to an Instagram story for a business account. Instagram’s agreements with rights holders may exclude access to the platform’s licensed music library. This is because said agreements only apply to personal and non-commercial use of licensed music.
Instagram Growth Guide
See how businesses and creators are leveraging the latest tips to grow their Instagram accounts - FREE!
The Music Sticker feature is available to business accounts, but their music access may be limited to Facebook’s Sound Collection. This music library offers more than 9,000 royalty-free songs and sounds, which can be used in Reels and Stories — and even for commercial purposes.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Post Not Story: Know Instagram’s Music Guidelines
Unfortunately, adding music to an Instagram post is not as easy as with IG stories; the option is not available within the app. Additionally, you can only add a song to a video post; this is not possible with a photo. You can either record a video with the song you like playing in the background or use a video editing tool to add music to your video. But take note of Instagram’s Guidelines for Including Music in Videos to make sure that you won’t be in violation of any music copyright.
Final Thoughts: Engage Your Viewers, Set the Mood
When you add the right music to an Instagram story, you’ll be able to set the right mood and create a more immersive story experience for your viewers. If you’re in one of the countries where adding music to an Instagram story is available, make sure to use this feature to your full advantage. For brands, especially, creating an enticing audio-visual experience for your followers through your IG stories can pave the way for higher engagement and earn you a lot of new followers!
If you’re looking for another way to grow your brand on Instagram, check out Path Social! Sign up for an account to enjoy real and lasting growth – with organic followers who are genuinely interested in what you have to offer and will deliver quality engagement to your profile. Path Social does not make use of bots or automation to deliver results, so you can rest assured that you will only get authentic followers. Start growing and gaining instagram followers today!