Instagram Support: What To Do When You Need Help
For more than a billion people worldwide, Instagram is an essential part of their daily lives. Users check the platform for updates on their family, friends, and favorite personalities and brands. Countless people use Instagram to shop. Famous people, businesses, and communities use the platform to engage with their target audiences.
So when there’s a glitch in the IG matrix, you might feel like your world is upside down. Here’s everything you need to know about getting Instagram support to make everything right in the world again.
When to Contact Instagram Support
One of the most common issues experienced by active Instagram users is feeling less than perfect. Unfortunately, you can’t contact Instagram support for that; your dog would be of better help. So when is it suitable to seek Instagram’s guidance and wisdom? Here are valid reasons to get Instagram assistance:
- Problems logging into Instagram
- Hacked Instagram account
- Report abuse (such as threats or hate speech) or spam
- Report inappropriate content
- An Instagram feature is not working correctly, such as Instagram Stories
- Getting an error message
- Intellectual property violations
- Report illegal activities
How To Seek Instagram Support
The platform offers several avenues to get Instagram support. But if you want to talk to a representative, you’re better off posting on Quora or Reddit. Kidding aside, Instagram’s help features are actually, well, quite helpful. You can explore these options to get help from Instagram.
Instagram Help Center
The Help Center is the platform’s main Instagram support page. Type whatever issue you’re having with your account or the platform itself. If there’s a solution to your problem or an answer to your query, you’ll quickly find it among the results.
If you’re using the app, you can access the Help Center by going to your profile and tapping the menu in the upper right corner. Tap Settings, scroll down, and tap Help. You’ll see Help Center listed among the options.
If you’re using a browser to access Instagram Help Center, you’ll find the following main topics on the left side of the main page. Just tap on each one to see more options and get more information.
- Instagram features
- Manage your account
- Staying safe
- Privacy, Security, and Reporting
- Terms and Policies
The Help Center is also where you can find all the links to submit reports for specific Instagram issues. These are the different types of reports you can submit:
- Report content. You can report someone’s Instagram story, live, or reel. You can also submit a report about a DM you received, a seller or product, or an inappropriate video.
- Report intellectual property infringement. The report could be about copyright infringement or a registered trademark issue.
- Special types of reports. These reports may be about someone sharing your intimate photo without your permission, or an account impersonating you on the platform. Other special types of reports include reports about harassment or bullying, blackmail, a convicted sex offender, threats, abusive or offensive behavior, sexual exploitation of children, or possible self-injury.
Instagram Support on the Mobile App
You can easily access other Instagram support features in addition to the Help Center on the Instagram mobile app. Again, just follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the menu in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings, scroll down, and tap Help.
You’ll find these options on the main Help page:
- Report a problem
- Account status
- Help Center
- Apps and websites
- Privacy and security help
- Support requests
Here’s a nifty trick! While you’re using the Instagram app, shake your phone until a pop-up appears. The pop-up is a shortcut that lets you report a problem to Instagram. You can also toggle the switch at the bottom of the message to disable this function.
Calling or Emailing Instagram Support
Unfortunately, calling or emailing Instagram support is not an option. The platform used to entertain emails via [email protected], but they have deactivated this email address. You can still try to get Instagram support by sending an email to this address, but users have reported zero success in reaching anyone or receiving any reply.
There’s also no available phone number to contact Instagram support. A “Contact Us” option is nowhere to be found on Instagram. One option you can try is to send the official Instagram account a DM or comment on one of their posts. Your chances of getting noticed or, much less, receiving a reply is practically nil, however.
Instagram Chat Support
Like email support, Instagram chat support is also nonexistent. This might seem bizarre, given that we’re talking about a social media platform that uses advanced AI technology to track user activity. So it is ironic that Instagram does not even have automated chat support. Again, the next best thing you can try is to send Instagram a DM via their official account.
How To Help Yourself
As the popular maxim goes, if you want something done, you should do it yourself. Instagram’s Help Center does make DIY troubleshooting for common problems fairly easy. You could say that Instagram support helps you help yourself. If you are a fix-it-yourself kind of person, you can try these options to solve a simple glitch on your own.
DIY Instagram Support When Something’s Not Working Properly in the App
The following are standard and obvious fixes, and they usually work!
- Restart your device.
- Check your internet connection.
- Clear your cache.
- Check for app updates and install the latest version if your phone does not do it automatically. Go to the App Store if you’re using an iPhone/iPad or to the Google Play Store if you have an Android phone to check if a new version of the app is available to download.
Try an Instagram Reinstall
If none of the above steps work, you can try deleting/uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your device.
For iPhone/iPad devices, just follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold the Instagram app icon until it shakes.
- Tap X on the app to delete it. Instagram will save your photos and profile info.
- Go to the App Store, reinstall Instagram, and log in with your username and password.
For Android devices, here’s how to do it:
- Go to your phone or tablet’s Settings and tap Apps. Tap Instagram, then tap Uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can find the app on your Home Screen, tap and hold the Instagram icon, and tap “Uninstall.”
- Go to the Google Play Store, reinstall Instagram, and log in with your username and password.
If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve the problem you’re experiencing, Instagram support says, “You might also be experiencing an issue if a feature isn’t available to everyone yet.”
Instagram Support for Log-in Problems
Are you having problems logging in? Instagram support provides basic troubleshooting steps for a forgotten password or username, a reset password email link not working, or a hacked account.
How to Reset Your Password
If you forgot your password, you could reset it using your Instagram account’s associated email address, mobile phone, or Facebook account.
- On the login screen, click “Forgot Password?”
- Enter your username, email, or phone, or click Log in with Facebook.
- Click Next, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Instagram will send a link to your email or phone to help reset your password.
How to Log in if You Forgot Your Username
You can log in using your mobile number or email address if you can’t remember your username. Once logged in, tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner to go to your profile. You’ll find your username at the top, immediately above your profile photo.
Instagram Support if the Password Reset Email Link Is Not Working
If you can’t find the password reset email in your primary inbox, it might have gone to your spam folder or you might have typed your email address incorrectly when you signed up for Instagram. If it’s the latter, then you’re out of luck.
If the password reset is not working, Instagram support suggests trying these steps:
- You can request a new password reset email. The previous email may have expired.
- Make sure you choose to reset your password by selecting reset your Instagram password in the email. Take note that you should not log in directly from the email.
Instagram Support if You Think Someone Has Hacked Your Account
If you’re unable to access your account and you think someone has hacked it you can request Instagram support to secure your account.
You should also try these recovery steps to regain access to your account safely:
- Check your associated email address to see if you received a message from [email protected] letting you know that your email address was changed. If you did not perform this change, select “Secure my account” in the message to undo the change.
- What if you’re unable to change back your email address or your password has been changed? You should request a login link or security code from Instagram.
Instagram Support for Expert Instagram Growth
Can you get Instagram support to reach a wider audience and increase your engagement? The platform can give you better audience-targeting capability through boosted posts or Instagram ad campaigns. You may also explore the Meta Business Partners program, which allows you to team up with “trusted experts who enable businesses to grow.”
If you’re looking for a trusted expert in Instagram growth strategy, you should check out Path Social. Path Social can help you grow with real users who are genuinely interested in what you have to offer. Leverage their advanced, proprietary AI technology to target the right audience for your brand. Take advantage of social media specialists’ Instagram marketing know-how to promote your brand and content to your target audience.
Whatever niche you’re in, Path Social will track down the most suitable followers to help you achieve lasting and rewarding growth. You can be sure that you’ll gain followers who are genuinely eager to see more of your content and who will deliver quality engagement.
Trusted by more than 20 thousand Instagram brands across all niches and industries, Path Social is your best bet for lasting and rewarding growth. Start growing and gaining Instagram followers today!